Thursday, 2 February 2012

I need to make a decision about therapy

ge·stalt/gəˈSHtält/

Noun: 
An organized whole that is perceived as more than the sum of its parts

Today I went to see the Gestalt therapist. We talked for 50 minutes, mostly about my problems and whether Gestalt might work for me. Sigi's main concern seems to be that I want a quick fix and might not get it. My main concern is that Sigi isn't very articulate and lacks assurance. She's a trainee. I still don't really know what Gestalt therapy is.





I feel unsure but the offer is here, right now. Six sessions will cost £180. If I don't like it I can give up. I don't even have to do six.

I think, Why not? It's the same ambivalence that has led me into several sexual misadventures but I'm not planning to fuck the therapist. I'm not planning to have sex with anyone at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment